The online Reading Certificate Program is designed to help credentialed teachers meet local, state, and federal requirements that ensure that all pupils have fair access to high-quality education with a foundation in reading. The curriculum of these programs is aimed at equipping the candidates with knowledge of current issues and challenges in the teaching of reading, and with all the necessary skills to make the students fluent and effective readers. The Reading Certificate programs also serve the needs of community college instructors and others in the fields that require knowledge in the area of reading education.
- All courses are offered during spring, summer, and fall
- Highly interactive classes
- Expert facilitation by veteran online reading educators
- Professional quality projects for an e-portfolio to aid in job searches
- You can complete your certification in 3-6 semesters
- Highly competitive tuition
- No travel to campus required
Teachers who have earned an accredited reading diploma online find employment in elementary and secondary schools, religious organizations, local governments, child daycare services, and as private reading tutors.
Candidates with a Reading Teacher Certification are mostly recruited for the following teaching assignments:
- A reading assignment for more than one class per day
- A reading assignment in a Title I program identified as a reading program
- A reading assignment in a reading recovery program, if not part of a self-contained classroom.
Credential candidates can earn an annual salary of $50,510. Employment for online certified teachers is expected to rise by 14% to 19% in the next eight years.
Teachers who complete online reading programs are in high demand as local and state governments try to meet federal guidelines for student literacy. Therefore, apart from bringing promising job prospects within your reach, an online Reading certification will help you advance your career. It is about time you chose the online Reading Certification program that suits you the most from the list of courses offered by accredited universities. The respective college or university will assist you in making sure that the particular Reading Certification program you choose is the best choice for your educational and career goals.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics