Online National Board Certification
National Board Certification gives teachers and schools the tools to define and measure teaching excellence. The advanced teaching credential complements, but does not replace, a state’s teacher license. It is valid for 10 years, and renewal candidates must begin the renewal process during their eighth or ninth years as NBCTS.
National Board Certification is achieved upon successful completion of a voluntary assessment program designed to recognize effective and accomplished teachers who meet high standards. The assessments include four portfolio entries that feature teaching practice and six constructed response exercises that assess content knowledge.
The certification process ensures that teachers,
- are committed to students and their learning.
- know the subjects they teach and how to teach those subjects to students.
- are responsible for managing and monitoring student learning.
- think systematically about their practice and learn from experience.
- are members of learning communities.
National Board Certification is available nationwide for most pre-K-12 teachers.
A teacher certification or a teaching licensure is required by all states in addition to a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD degree for those who wish to work in public schools or K-12 school environments. If you are changing careers or want to work as a substitute teacher, whatever your requirements, it is imperative that you acquire a teaching licensure by completing a teaching certificate program. By doing so you can easily satisfy the field placement requirements in the community where you live or work.
Benefits of pursuing the course online:
- It offers a wide range of options, you are sure to find one that suits your specific needs.
- Online higher education degrees offer greater flexibility for students who want to advance their careers and academic skills and knowledge.
- Most online degree programs can be completed at your own pace, one class at a time. Also, you can utilize the accelerated online tracks if you wish to speed up your learning process.
- Combining this kind of flexibility and convenience with quality teaching materials will help you attain the degree and credentials you desire while maintaining the highest educational standards.
Job opportunities for licensed public school teachers vary from good to excellent, depending on the geographic location, grade, and subject taught. Prospects are particularly good for teachers in the most sought-after fields of math, science, and bilingual education and in underserved urban and rural school districts. According to the United States Department of Labor, the job growth of public school teachers is expected to be around 12% over the next several years. K-12 education teachers can earn an average income of $50,000 to $53,000 a year and even more with experience and additional qualifications such as a master’s degree.
Apart from the promising job prospects, an online National Board Teacher Certification will help you advance your career. Therefore, it is about time you chose the online certification program that suits you the most from the list of courses offered by accredited universities. The respective college or university will assist you in making sure that the National Board Teacher Certification program you choose is the best choice for your educational and career goals.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics