Online Educational Technology
Integrating information technology’ is the buzzword now in this postmodernized era that we live in, and the education field is not new to its implications. Whenever a teacher uses technology such as Internet, computers, audio and visual medium and the like to help students learn about a subject, he or she is said to be practicing Educational Technology. This significant trend in education today helps students to attain skills that they can apply in their learning. Pedagogical techniques, particularly in regard to modern technology, are widely covered. A majority of Educational Technology programs are offered at the graduate level and lead to a Master of Education, or a Master of Science in Educational Technology, or a PhD in Educational Technology. Most degrees in educational and instructional technology are offered at the master’s, educational specialist, or doctoral level.
- It offers a wide range of options, you are sure to find one that suits your specific needs.
- Online teacher certification gives you the flexibility you need to complete certification and licensing requirements while you work or attend to other responsibilities.
- Most online degree programs can be completed at your own pace, one class at a time. Also, you can utilize the accelerated online tracks if you wish to speed up your learning process.
- Online schools offer the full range of available qualifications, from bachelor’s to doctoral degrees.
Computers and communication tools are broadly covered in the degree programs. A bachelor’s or master’s degree in Educational Technology will help you develop the skills you need to work with the latest technologies in education. The Internet, multimedia tools, and computer technology are just a few of the major areas you might find in a standard program.
The coursework may include the following aspects:
- Integrating technology into the classroom
- Educational media and technology
- Library media and digital libraries
- Developing multimedia materials
- Educational hardware systems
- Gaming and simulation
- Instructional design and development
- Computer interface design for learning
- Distance education theories and models
Graduates of the online Educational Technology program can work as technology leaders in schools and school districts, higher education, business, and industry research, and as media specialists. Educational Technology professionals can also work in business, industry, government, military, healthcare, nonprofit organizations, etc. They hold positions as instructional designers, corporate training specialists, e-learning specialists etc. According to the US Bureau of Labor Statistics, the annual income for curriculum designers is about $58,000. Corporate trainers earn around $90,000. Teachers average about $52,500 while administrators make around $82,000.
Without doubt this is an opportune moment to pursue a course in Educational Technology as there is a huge demand for tech-savvy instructors in the United States in various fields. So go ahead and choose the online Educational Technology program that suits you the most from the courses offered by accredited universities across the United States. The respective college or university will assist you in making sure that the online Educational Technology program you choose is the best choice for your educational and career goals.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics