Online Masters Degree in Teacher Education
Pursuing an Online Masters Degree in Teacher Education will entrench your academic background by adding a depth of understanding to the broader liberal arts education you received in your bachelor’s degree studies. Online master’s degrees are available in many specializations, including Educational Leadership, Curriculum and Instruction, Adult Education, Leadership and Administration, and others. The eligibility criterion for admission into these courses is a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Depending on your individual goals, with a master’s degree in education you can enter into educational leadership positions, administrative jobs, or special education areas, or further your ability to teach students in a classroom environment.
Note: The difference between a certificate and master’s program is only 15 credits, but some master’s programs take an additional year or more to complete, depending on your previous degree and the requirements of your master’s.
Any of the Online Masters Degree in Teacher Education programs will prepare you to advance your career and make a real difference in the way curriculum is presented to students. If you plan on teaching secondary education, it is mandatory that you acquire a master’s degree in the subject you want to teach.
Benefits of pursuing the course online:
- It offers a wide range of options, you are sure to find one that suits your needs.
- You will enjoy greater scheduling flexibility with the online classes, as you can learn from home, classroom, or even a local coffee shop.
- Most online degree programs can be completed at your own pace, one class at a time. Also, you can utilize the accelerated online tracks if you wish to speed up your learning process.
- You can gain the specialized skills necessary to become an integral part of developing, implementing, and assessing innovative programs in the field of education.
People who earn an Online Masters Degree in Teacher Education have opportunities to pursue careers in specific areas of study and employment, including administration, Curriculum and Instruction, and counseling. Job prospects are favorable for graduates with a degree in education, especially a higher-level degree, such as a master’s in education or a PhD.
- The US Department of Labor, Career Guide to Industries, 2006-2007 Edition revealed that a wage and salary growth of over 17% is expected in the educational services industry between 2004 and 2014.
- Currently, there are more than 13 million jobs in the educational services field.
- Educational services is the second largest industry in the United States, and because school attendance is compulsory in the United States, that number is expected to continue to grow.
- The employment of school teachers is expected to grow by 12% between 2006 and 2016 with approximately 479,000 additional teacher positions becoming available.
- According to the US Department of Education Post-Secondary Education Statistics, the largest number of master’s degrees were conferred in the area of education. This is because individuals are discovering the benefits of having a long-term career in education.
As a future educational leader, consider the growing possibilities of online education and choose the online master’s degree program that suits you the most from the list of courses offered by various accredited universities across the United States. The respective college or university will assist you in making sure that the master’s degree program you choose is the best choice for your educational and career goals.
Source: U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics